Fettuccine With Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese
- Kosher salt
- 1 large yellow tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow squash, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives (about 1 small bunch)
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces dried egg fettuccine
- 4 ounces wax beans (about 2 cups), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as the label directs, adding the wax beans to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and beans and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Drizzle with the reserved cooking water and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss until the goat cheese begins to melt. Add the parmesan and toss. Divide among bowls and top with the remaining goat cheese.
Per serving: Calories 557; Fat 21 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 23 mg; Sodium 227 mg; Carbohydrate 72 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 21 g
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
Thank you! your flag was submitted.