Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
This fruit salad works with any fruit you've got -- it's a great way to introduce all kinds of seasonal fruit to your kid. Try it with chunks[ of peaches, plums or nectarines in summer; sliced apples or pears or a handful of grapes in fall; pomegranate seeds in winter; or quartered fresh figs in spring.]
- 1 navel orange, 1 small grapefruit, or 2 clementines
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 banana
- 1 piece seasonal fruit ( apple, pear or grapes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean, optional
1. Trim off all the peel and pith from the oranges or grapefruit. Halve or quarter them top to bottom, and slice crosswise into thin pieces. (With clementines, simply peel and pull into segments.) Halve or quarter strawberries if large. Peel and slice the bananas. Prepare the seasonal fruit as needed. Toss all the fruit in large bowl.
2. Stir the honey and vanilla bean, if using, in a small bowl and microwave on low until just warmed and syrupy, about 1 minute. Toss with fruit and let cool. Transfer to an air-tight container and pack with spoon.
Copyright (c) 2008 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
From Food Network Kitchens