Grilled Marinated Leg of Lamb with Asparagus and Mint Chimichurri
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Lamb and mint are a classic combination that doesn't need to be messed with, but the chimichurri sauce in this recipe is a fun riff on these[ spring staples.]
- 9 cloves garlic, 7 minced and 2 whole
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6-pound) boneless leg of lamb
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
1. Stir together the 7 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper in a large bowl. Rub the marinade all over the lamb in a bowl, then truss tightly and marinate at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat a grill for direct and indirect cooking over a medium-heat fire. Grill the lamb over direct heat until nicely charred, about 8 minutes per side, turning often. Then move to indirect heat, cover, and cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F for medium-rare, about 50 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes.
3. Toss the asparagus with the 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the asparagus until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Pulse the remaining 2 whole garlic cloves in a food processor with the parsley, mint, the remaining 1/2 cup oil, the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Serve the lamb, sliced, with the asparagus and chimichurri sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.