Pan-Roasted Carrots with Mint and Parsley Gremolata
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut on a diagonal into 3-inch-long pieces, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Place the carrots, broth and 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the carrots are tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are lightly browned, another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Meanwhile, combine the mint, parsley, juice, zest and remaining 3 teaspoons oil in a small dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the warm carrots with the herb mixture.