Shrimp with Green Sauce
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Warm baguette slices, for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it softens slightly, about 1 minute. Add the brandy and swirl the pan until the alcohol evaporates. Add the wine and 1/4 cup water and cook to reduce slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture to a blender with 2 tablespoons olive oil and puree until smooth. Cover and set aside.
When ready to serve, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp; cook until just pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the green sauce, season with salt and pepper, and warm through. Drizzle with olive oil or water to loosen the sauce. Serve with bread.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Courtesy of Food Network Magazine