Slow-Cooker Turkey Mole Tacos
- 1 15 -ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- 4 scallions, chopped, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder or ground cinnamon
- 1 skinless, bone-in turkey breast (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 18 corn tortillas
Combine the tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, cilantro, scallions, peanut butter, soy sauce, chile powder, cocoa powder and Chinese five-spice powder in a 6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine. Add the turkey and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low, 8 hours.
Remove the turkey and transfer to a large plate; shred the meat with 2 forks, discarding the bone. Return the shredded turkey to the slow cooker and stir to coat.
Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet or in the microwave. Serve the turkey in the tortillas and top with more cilantro and scallions.
Per serving: Calories 362; Fat 5 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 124 mg; Sodium 316 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 51 g
Photograph by Justin Walker
Thank you! your flag was submitted.