Spiced Squash With Yogurt Dressing
- 1 small kabocha, kuri or other winter squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the allspice, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste in a shallow baking dish. Roast until tender, stirring once, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Whisk the yogurt, lime juice, 1 tablespoon water, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Transfer the squash to a serving dish and drizzle with the yogurt dressing. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and cilantro. Season with salt.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray