Spiced Squash With Yogurt Dressing
- 1 small kabocha, kuri or other winter squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the allspice, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste in a shallow baking dish. Roast until tender, stirring once, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Whisk the yogurt, lime juice, 1 tablespoon water, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Transfer the squash to a serving dish and drizzle with the yogurt dressing. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and cilantro. Season with salt.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine