Toasted Almond Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups ditalini pasta (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (preferably lemon thyme), roughly chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs, then drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the olive oil, parmesan, lemon juice, shallot, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and about half of the almonds. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining almonds and the red pepper flakes.
Photograph by Anna Williams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.