Wine, Honeydew, and Tarragon Granita
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
This unique palate cleanser highlights the tropical and herbal notes often detected in pinot grigio and chardonnay. Granita is the perfect[ dessert to enjoy before the chocolate comes to the table, or as an afternoon snack on the porch.]
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus whole leaves or sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
1. Combine the wine and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, then cool.
2. Puree the honeydew and tarragon in a blender, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a mixing bowl. Combine the wine, honeydew juice, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt, then transfer to a square baking dish. Put in the freezer until firm, scraping and stirring with a fork every 30 minutes until the mixture is slushy, about 2 hours. Serve garnished with tarragon leaves or sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved