Garlic Pork Frisee Salad with Apple Croutons
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup Chinese vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 12 slices of pork
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- APPLE CROUTONS
- 12 thin slices of leftover baguette, dried in the oven
- 1/2 cup five spice apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
In a saute pan coated with oil, caramelize garlic and ginger. Add remaining oil and heat. In a stainless steel bowl: mix scallions, vinegar, sugar and pork. Add hot oil and thoroughly mix. Add frisee salad and toss. Plate and garnish with apple croutons.APPLE CROUTONS
In a small bowl, mash the apples and butter together. Spread on croutons and garnish with chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.