General Tso's Gator Alligator and Snap Peas with Kumquat 3-2-1 Sauce Spicy Peanut Rice
- Peanut oil, to cook
- 1 pound cleaned alligator meat, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 8 kumquats, 1/8 inch slices (may sub with 2 zested and sectioned oranges or tangerines)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup naturally brewed soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups snap peas, blanched
- Salt and freshly ground black peppe,r to taste
- SPICY PEANUT RICE
- Peanut oil, for cooking
- 1 cup whole roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 5 Thai bird chiles, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 4 cups cooked Chinese rice (or other long grain)
- 1 tablespoon naturally brewed soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black peppe, to taste
In a large saute pan on high heat, coat well with oil and add alligator. Season and quickly brown meat, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and set aside on paper towels. Wipe out pan and coat lightly with oil. Saute the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Add the kumquats and stir. In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, soy and sugar until dissloved. Deglaze with mixture and reduce by 50 percent. Add back the alligator and snap peas, check for seasoning.SPICY PEANUT RICE
In a small wok or sautee pan, coat lightly with oil and saute the peanuts, chiles and onions for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions start to take on color. Add the rice and stir until hot. Add soy sauce and check for seasoning.
PLATING On a large round plate, place a small mound of rice in the middles and top with alligator. Ladle a little sauce on top. Enjoy.
WINE: Very chilly beer like Foster's or Corona with a lime.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.