Asparagus and Zucchini Crudi
- 2 zucchini, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved Pecorino Romano, for garnish
Using a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchini into long thin strips. Thinly slice the asparagus on a diagonal. Toss the slices together and place the salad in a serving bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and drizzle over the vegetables. Toss to coat. Garnish with the pecorino shavings. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis