Berry Ricotta Tartlets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra, for dusting
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium strawberries, chopped into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces to yield 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup blackberries or raspberries, halved
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Ricotta Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Special equipment: a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter
For the crust: In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, and salt. Set aside. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the honey and vanilla. With the machine running, gradually add the dry ingredients and blend until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a work surface and knead into a dough. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Set aside.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch diameter circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles of the dough and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Gather any scraps of dough and gently knead together. Roll out until 1/4-inch thick. Cut out additional circles of dough and place on the baking sheet (there should be a total of 15 to 18 circles). Bake until slightly golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
To assemble the tartlets: Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of the ricotta topping in the center of each crust. Using a small spoon, make a shallow well in the ricotta topping and fill with a little of the berry mixture. Arrange on a platter and serve.