Chocolate Chow Mein Noodle Cookies
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli
- One 5-ounce can crispy chow mein noodles (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup salted and roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried mango
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Place the chocolate in a small bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 4 minutes.
Combine the noodles, almonds, mango, cayenne pepper if using and melted chocolate in a large bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are coated with chocolate. Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet using a 1/4-cup ice cream scoop and allow the cookies to harden at room temperature, about 2 hours. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Cook's Note: Use scissors to cut the dried mango into pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis