Goat Cheese and Herb Stuffed Radicchio Leaves
- Total Time:
- 4 hr 15 min
- 10 min
- 4 hr
- 5 min
- 12 stuffed radicchio leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 11 ounces goat cheese, frozen for 15 minutes and sliced into 12 (1/2-inch) pieces
- 12 radicchio leaves, cleaned
Special Equipment: a deep-fry thermometer
In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 300 degrees F. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Combine the garlic, parsley, basil, thyme, and scallions in a small, heat-resistant glass bowl. Carefully pour the warm oil over the herb mixture, Add the salt and pepper. Mix well.
Spoon a thin layer of the herb mixture on the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch square glass baking dish. Arrange the goat cheese slices in a single layer on top. Spoon the remaining herb mixture evenly over the top of the goat cheese. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
To serve: Place the radicchio leaves on a serving platter, carefully place a slice of marinated goat cheese in each leaf. Drizzle with additional herb mixture and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.