- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stemmed (about 3 cups)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stemmed (about 3 cups)
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon, stemmed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- Edible flowers, for garnish
In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper until well mixed. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until the dressing is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the herbs, arugula, and fennel. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with edible flowers and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee