Mini Carrot-Apple Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (6 to 6 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 packed cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup fresh unfiltered apple juice
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely grated
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
For the cupcakes: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line two 12-cup mini muffin tins with mini baking papers.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice in a medium bowl to blend. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add the brown sugar and beat until blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in half of the dry ingredients, then the applesauce and apple juice. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients. Fold in the currants and grated carrot.
Drop 1 well-rounded tablespoon of batter into each paper liner. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
Frost each cupcake with 1 heaped teaspoon of frosting and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Crystallized Ginger Olive Oil Cupcakes with Lime Buttercream, Opal Basil, Mint, and Lime Zest, Maple Cupcakes with Cherry Compote and Goat Cheese Frosting, Wheat Germ and Ginger, Wasabi Cream, and Tuna Creme Fraiche Cupcakes, Heart Healthy Recipes, Carrot Soup Recipes, Fruit Pizza Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Panna Cotta Recipes, Healthy Brunch
Thank you! your flag was submitted.