- 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices bakery-style white bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 8 ounces (2 balls) fresh mozzarella, drained and patted dry
- Kosher salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Special equipment: a panini press
Preheat the panini press.
Using a pastry brush, brush the bread on both sides with the oil. Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with the raspberry jam. Sprinkle the rosemary over the jam. Cut the mozzarella into 8 slices. Place 2 slices of cheese on 4 of the bread slices. Season the cheese with a pinch of salt, if using. Place the remaining slices of bread on top, jam-side down. Sprinkle the tops with the brown sugar. Press in the panini press for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden and crispy.
Cut the panini in half and serve.