Popcorn with Herbs de Provence and Asiago Cheese
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence, crumbled
- 1/4 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup finely grated Asiago
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Combine the butter, garlic and herbes de Provence in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the butter melts. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand while making the popcorn.
Combine the oil and popcorn in a heavy large pot. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until almost all the kernels pop. Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
Remove the garlic cloves from the butter and discard, if desired.
Add the salt, cheese and butter mixture to the popcorn. Toss until the popcorn is coated. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis