- 6 (1/4-inch thick) slices rosemary or olive bread, quartered
- 6 ounces Nova Scotia smoked salmon
- 1 small green apple, such as Granny Smith, halved and cut into very thin slices
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the bread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly brown and crisp. Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
Arrange the smoked salmon in a single layer on a serving platter. Lay the apple slices on top. Sprinkle the capers over the salmon and apple slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with the toasted bread.