Soba Noodle Salad
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces dried buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- One 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- One 1 1/2-pound head napa cabbage, cored and shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 hothouse cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick half-moon shapes
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, see Cook's Note
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
Boil a large pot of salted water over high heat. Cook the noodles until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Rinse the noodles in cold water, drain and place in a serving bowl.
To toast the almonds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the almonds until lightly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely before using.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.