Gingered Beef with Leeks and Asparagus
- 6 ginger slices
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1/4 cup thin soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shaoshing wine or red wine
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 4 bunch leeks, julienne (white part only)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces and blanched
- Salt and black pepper to taste
To make marinade, mix first 6 ingredients and thoroughly mix with the beef. Let stand for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight, refrigerated. In a hot pan or wok, coat with Canola oil and add leeks, garlic and ginger. Stir for 3 minutes to caramelize. Add drained beef and stir for 2 minutes. Add asparagus and heat thoroughly. Check for seasoning. Serve immediately with starch of choice. For me, that means rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.