Gingersnap Mango-Lassi Cheesecake Minis
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 1/3 cups peeled and chopped ripe mango, divided
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons orange blossom honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Pinch salt
- Fresh mint, optional
works well. Bake for 5 minutes or until just set. Remove and evenly divide crystallized ginger on top of baked crust. Set aside to cool. Leave oven on.
Meanwhile, in a blender, put 1/3 cup mango, yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, cardamom, and rum extract then process until smooth. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Stir in mango-yogurt smoothie mixture (lassi), then add the eggs and beat until smooth.
Pour cheesecake batter into the baking cups, filling them 3/4 full. Refrigerate any leftover batter.
Bake the cheesecakes for 15 minutes, or until they jiggle slightly in the center. Remove from the oven and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop remaining 1 cup of mango to the size of raisins. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir in cinnamon and curry powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chopped mango, 2 tablespoons of honey, lime juice, raisins and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool until cheesecakes are ready.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.