Green Chile Stew
- 2 pounds cut up pork, chicken, or beef
- 3 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken bouillon
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 (2 pound) package thawed Chile Products of New Mexico Green Chile with or without the juice
- 1 teaspoon kitchen bouquet
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Warm tortillas or crusty bread, optional
Brown pork, chicken, or beef in oil. Sprinkle flour over the meat and add chopped garlic according to your taste. Add chicken bouillon, crushed tomatoes, potatoes, and Green Chile. Add salt to taste. Bring to a slow boil and simmer until meat and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. The secret is to add a teaspoon of kitchen bouquet at almost the end of cooking, which brings out the flavor even more! You can sprinkle shredded cheese on top if you like and serve with warm tortillas or crusty bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.