Grilled Yellowtail with Mango Salsa
- 4 (6 ounce) yellowtail fillets (silver perch and yellowtail snapper are ok substitutes)
- 4 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Olive oil
- Mango Salsa, recipe follows
- Mango Salsa:
- 2 mangoes, small dice
- 1 medium red onion, small dice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, small dice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 large limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat and oil the grates using a brush or paper towel.
In a small bowl, mix the chile powder, salt, and pepper together. Coat the yellowtail fillets with a light layer of olive oil and sprinkle with the chile mixture. Place each fillet flesh side down on a hot grill and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip fillets over and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from grill and top with Mango Salsa.Mango Salsa:
To make mango salsa, combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl and stir well. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Copyright 2001, Joey Altman. All Rights Reserved.