Ahi Poke and Seaweed Salad
- 1 pound fresh ahi ( yellowfin tuna)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup shaved Maui onion
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onions
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 cup finely julienned, toasted dried seaweed
Cut the ahi into 3/4-inch cubes and put in a large mixing bowl. Add the nuts, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili flakes and salt to taste. Lightly toss together. Then add the Maui onions and green onions and lightly toss to combine. Season with additional salt if needed and black pepper to taste. Garnish with the seaweed.
To serve, spoon the poke into nonreactive serving dish and serve immediately.
Warning: Consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the risk of foodborne illness.
Recipe adapted from Reno Henriquez, courtesy Guy Fieri