Eddie's Mommy Salad
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 1 pound shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup small diced daikon radish
- 1/2 cup small diced jicama
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
In a small glass bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients, whisking well with a fork to combine.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat and add the edamame. Blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and add to the bowl with the dressing.
In a medium nonreactive bowl, combine the remaining vegetables and add the edamame and the dressing.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve cold.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri