- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ears white corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves, divided
- 6 ounces Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Cheddar, shredded
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 5 tablespoons, sliced scallions
Preheat grill to high. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix diced chipotle, lime juice and sour cream, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Over medium flame or on a grill pan, roast corn. Let cool and cut kernels off cob.
In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, jalapenos, red onions, and black beans. Saute until the onions are translucent. Add the tomatoes, corn kernels and roasted bell pepper. Stir and saute for 3 minutes and add salt, pepper, cumin and 3 tablespoons of cilantro. Remove the pan from heat and let rest.
Evenly distribute mixture, the remaining cilantro and cheeses among 4 tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas.
Place tortillas on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook for about 10 minutes, until cheeses have melted and the quesadillas are warmed through. Cut each into 6 pieces.
Serve with chipotle sour cream garnished with scallions.