Spicy Tangerine Beef
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak or tri-tip, cut in thin strips on the bias
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 tangerine, zested
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
In a resealable plastic bag combine the soy sauce and cornstarch and mix well. Add beef, cover, and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Whisk together the sherry, hoisin, honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, and tangerine juice until completely combined.
In large pan or wok, heat oil on high. Add the ginger and beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add sauce mixture and cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat until sauce thickens. Serve on warm platter, garnish with scallions, tangerine zest and sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri