- 1 recipe Pizza Dough, recipe follows
- All-purpose flour, for bench and pizza peel
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely shaved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- Flaked sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (Asian hot sauce)
- 2 to 3 dashes toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 pound maguro (sushi-grade tuna), 1/4- to 1/2-inch dice
- Flaked sea salt
- Good-quality aged balsamic vinegar
- Micro greens or radish sprouts, for garnish
For the flatbread: Preheat the oven with a pizza stone to 500 degrees F. (If you don't have a pizza stone, sprinkle a sheet tray with flour or cornmeal.)
Stretch each piece of Pizza Dough thinly, dusting with flour. Roll out each piece to wafer thin. Drizzle the dough with the olive oil, smearing evenly. Top with the shaved garlic, rosemary, sea salt and pepper. Transfer to the pizza peel (or upturned sheet tray). Bake until crispy, golden and bubbled up around edges, 2 to 4 minutes each piece.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (113 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (2 packets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to grease bowl
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
For the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the sugar in the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast on top. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
Add the olive oil and fine salt to the yeast mixture. Then use the dough hook to mix in the flour. Mix until the dough comes together. Add more flour as needed and allow the machine to knead the dough until smooth, about 10 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat the surface. Cover the bowl with a towel and let stand in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Divide in 4 pieces. Form into 4 smooth, tight balls. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise again for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight.
Once risen, use immediately or wrap and freeze until ready for use, for up to 2 weeks.