The Black Rose
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 ounce Malbec red wine or other full-bodied red wine
- 1/2 ounce grenadine or cherry juice
- 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 Pickled cherry, pitted, for garnish, store-bought or homemade, recipe follows
- Pickled Cherries:
- 3 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 pound pitted cherries, fresh or thawed frozen
Bring the vinegar, sugar, salt and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Pour the liquid over the cherries in a bowl or jar and cool let completely before covering. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.