- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped pork loin
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded celery root
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Polish sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped leek
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup diced pickles
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Eastern European seasoning, such as Vegeta, optional
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heavy cream
Fill a soup pot with 8 cups water set on medium-high heat.
In a pan, fry the chopped bacon. When it is done, take out and put into the water in the soup pot.
In the drippings of the bacon, fry the pork loin and then the onions. When brown, put them into the soup pot and bring to a boil. Add the crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, celery root, celery, carrots and some salt and cook for 15 minutes.
Add the pickles, garlic and seasoning if using, and let boil for 10 minutes. Add the dill and heavy cream. Guten Appetit!
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Bruno's European Restaurant