Yellow Chile Spring Rolls and Tropical Fruit Salad
- Spring Rolls:
- 1/2 pound scallops, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, divided
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 4 rice spring roll wrappers, soaked in water until pliable
- 8 yellow chile peppers, julienned
- 2 scallions, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 yellow zucchini, julienned
- 4 ounces crab meat
- Tropical Fruit Salad, recipe follows
- Tropical Fruit Salad:
- 1 cup chopped papaya
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sprig fresh cilantro, for garnish
Pat scallops dry completely. Toss the scallops and 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce together in a bowl. In a medium nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat, add the scallops and cook until opaque in color, turning occasionally. Remove the scallops. In another small saute pan over medium-high heat, add the bean sprouts. Add the remaining hoisin sauce and saute the bean sprouts until they are warmed through, but still crispy. Remove the sprouts and let cool.
Place the pliable spring roll wrappers on a clean surface. Divide the scallions, carrots, zucchini, and crab meat evenly among the wrappers. Fold the sides in, then roll the wrapper up, like a burrito, so the filling can't fall out. Serve the spring rolls with the Tropical Fruit Salad.Tropical Fruit Salad:
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.