Herbed Veal Chops with Bacon and Shallots
- 4 loin or rib veal chops (each about 1/3 pound; each about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh herbs such as tarragon, mint, basil and parsley or a combination of your choice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim excess fat from the chops and season them lightly with pepper. Melt the 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 12 inch skillet. When melted add the bacon and saute for a few minutes or until somewhat crisp. If there is not enough fat in the skillet, then add more butter and heat up. Add the veal chops and saute them over high heat for 2 minutes a side, or just until browned. Lower the heat and continue to cook them uncovered and without liquid for another 5 to 7 minutes a side or until just cooked through.
Remove the chops to a plate. Add the shallots to the skillet and saute until cooked through about 2 minutes. Add the lime juice, water and deglaze the pan. Add the herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chops.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.