Hog Island BBQ Oysters
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 6 shucked oysters, shells reserved
Combine everything but the oysters in a saucepan. Let sauce ingredients simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
Place each oyster back in its shell. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of sauce onto each oyster and place in a covered BBQ kettle to cook for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Watchorn