Iberian Ham with Tomato Relish
- 3/4 cup Jerez vinegar
- 1 cup Pedro Jimenez sherry
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and seeded, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 6 shallots, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound Iberian ham, very thinly sliced (or another cured ham, such as proscuitto)
Combine the vinegar and sherry in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the diced vegetables and salt and pepper, bring back to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until thick, about 20 minutes. Adjust seasonings and let relish cool. To serve, coat a large platter or individual plates with relish. Top with the Iberian ham slices. Leftover relish will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.