- Oil, for frying
- 4 Idaho potatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup bottled nacho cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- Salsa, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
In a deep fryer or large heavy pot, heat oil to 350 degrees F. (If using a large heavy pot, do not fill the oil more than halfway full).
Fry the potatoes until golden brown, and then drain on paper towels.
Preheat the broiler. Put potatoes on a baking sheet and add the remaining ingredients, except the salsa and sour cream, on top. Broil for a few minutes until bubbly. Put on a platter and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Joe Peak