Crostini with Tuna Tapenade
- 10 to 12 ounces canned or jarred Italian tuna packed in olive oil
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra for brushing bread
- 1/3 cup Italian mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 36 slices French bread, cut diagonally
Drain all but a tablespoon of olive oil from the tuna and then flake the fish into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the anchovy paste, thyme, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic and pulse a few times. Add the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and the mascarpone and process until almost smooth. Add the olives, capers, salt, and pepper and pulse just to incorporate. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, heat a gas or charcoal grill or preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush the bread lightly on one side with olive oil. Grill the crostini on both sides until lightly browned or arrange the bread on a sheet pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Mound the tapenade on each toast, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.