Wasabi Celery Root Slaw
- 1 head (1 � pounds) celery root, peeled and grated
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and grated
- � red onion, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, toss the celery root, apple, and onion.
Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, pure wasabi powder, vinegar, honey, green onions, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl and then add to the celery root mixture. Toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour for the flavors to marry.
Can be made the night before.
Recipe courtesy Janet Johnston