Five Spice Pineapple Carrot Cupcakes
- Carrot Cupcake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 to 4 medium-sized carrots)
- Frosting, recipe follows
- Crystallized ginger, as garnish
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Madagascar vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Chinese ground ginger
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Chinese five-spice powder.
In another large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, crushed pineapple, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and carrots. Then slowly add the flour mixture and beat with an electric hand mixer until just combined, about 2 minutes.
Fill the cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake until the cupcakes are set, about 20 to 22 minutes. When they can be handled safely, remove them from the muffin tins and let cool completely on wire racks before frosting. Garnish with crystallized ginger.Frosting:
In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and ginger. Blend thee ingredients with an electric hand mixer until a creamy consistency is reached, while slowly adding the powdered sugar.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Corrie's Carrot Cupcakes, Vegan Brussel Carrot Curry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Maple Curry Reduction, Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Brown Butter Buttercream, Easy Main Dish, Easy Baking, Panna Cotta Recipes, Easy Dessert, Easter Desserts, Shortbread Cookie Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.