- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried (about 1 pound)
- Olive oil cooking spray, for spraying
- BBQ Seasoning, for sprinkling, recipe follows
Preheat the oven 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Remove the thick stem from the kale and discard. Tear the kale leaves into bite-size pieces. Lay the kale onto the prepared baking sheet and spray evenly with cooking spray. Bake until crispy and browned on the edges, tossing the kale halfway through, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the kale with BBQ Seasoning and serve.
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Mix the paprika, ancho chile, sugar, garlic powder, salt and dry mustard in a small bowl. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Per Serving (with 1 teaspoon of seasoning): Calories 58; Total Fat 1 gram; Saturated Fat 0 grams; Protein 4 grams; Total Carbohydrate 12 grams; Sugar: 0 grams; Fiber 2 grams; Cholesterol 0 milligrams; Sodium 94 milligrams