Open Faced Turkey Stuffing Patty with Gravy and Cranberry Sauce
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 45 min
- 30 min
- 15 min
- 2 hr
- 4 servings
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Turkey Stuffing, recipe follows
- Canola oil, if needed
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 8 ounces leftover turkey meat
- 1 cup leftover turkey gravy, heated through
- 1/2 cup Simple Cranberry Sauce, recipe follows
- Old Fashioned Turkey Stuffing:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 3 large loaves white bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Oil, for cooking
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, or turkey stock made from giblets
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Simple Cranberry Sauce:
- Two 14-ounce cans cranberry sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
Cook the bacon in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until extra crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined-plate to drain and reserve the fat in the skillet.
Meanwhile pack a 1 cup dry measure tightly with a 1/2 cup of the Old Fashioned Turkey Stuffing. Dump the stuffing onto a baking sheet and press down into a 4-inch-wide-cake, using a flat spatula. Repeat until you have 4 patties.
Heat the reserved bacon fat in the skillet over medium heat. Carefully lay 2 patties in the skillet and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes each side. Transfer the patties to a plate and repeat with the remaining 2 patties.Old Fashioned Turkey Stuffing:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 14-by-9-inch baking dishes. Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter, celery and onions and cook until the vegetables are lightly browned and translucent. Set aside to cool.
Add the bread cubes, celery mixture, broth, seasoning and eggs in a large bowl. Mix well until moist and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide between the 2 prepared baking dishes. Bake until the top of the stuffing is slightly crispy, about 40 minutes.Simple Cranberry Sauce:
Add the cranberry sauce, orange juice, ginger, cinnamon and salt into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, stirring often to incorporate flavors, about 15 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool. Yield: 2 cups.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Hot Browns: Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches with Parmesan Cream Sauce and Bacon, Open-Faced Chili Burgers on Grilled Portobello "Buns" with Smoked Cheese, Open Faced Sausage, 3 Pepper and Onion Sandwiches with Provolone, Main Dish, Burrito Recipes, Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Thanksgiving Stuffing and Dressing, Roasted Chicken Recipes