Chimichurri Seekh Kabab
Recipe courtesy of Maneet Chauhan
Recipe courtesy Maneet Chauhan, "Flavors of My World" (Southwestern Publishing Group)
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 2 teaspoons rock salt, finely ground
- 1 3/4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Special equipment: 18 sugarcane skewers
For the chimichurri: Combine the parsley, olive oil, vinegar, cilantro, crushed red pepper, cumin, salt and garlic in a food processor. Process until well blended. Let stand for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend.
For the kebabs: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine 1/2 cup of the chimichurri with the lamb, cashews, rock salt, 3/4 teaspoon garam masala, the garlic, nutmeg and onions. Knead to combine thoroughly.
Pat the mixture evenly onto the skewers with moist hands and shape into kebabs. Place the kebabs on 2 baking sheets and bake for 8 minutes. Baste with the melted butter, and then continue to cook until completely cooked through, about 8 more minutes. Alternatively, the kebabs can be grilled over medium-high heat until slightly charred on all sides and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Baste the kebabs with the melted butter when they come off the grill.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.