Malai Chicken Hot Dog
Recipe courtesy of Maneet Chauhan
Recipe courtesy Maneet Chauhan, "Flavors of My World" (Southwestern Publishing Group)
- Mango Mustard:
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup small diced mango
- 1/4 cup mango pulp
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- Chicken Dogs:
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup tandoori masala
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger plus 1/4 cup chopped
- 1 teaspoon kastoori methi (dried fenugreek)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, grated
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- Unsalted butter, for cooking buns
- 8 brioche hot dog buns
For the mustard: Mix together the mustard, diced mango, mango pulp and mint.
For the dogs: Mix together the chicken, cilantro, mint, cream cheese, tandoori, garlic, ginger, kastoori methi, jalapenos, onions and eggs. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and form each into a hot dog about 6 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 of the hot dogs and sear until browned on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until cooked all the way through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the hot dogs to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out the pan and use the remaining vegetable oil to cook the remaining hot dogs.
Meanwhile, place the apples and sliced jalapenos into 2 separate small bowls. Add enough apple cider vinegar to cover each and let sit for 15 minutes.
Wipe out the pan that was used to cook the hot dogs and set it over medium-low heat. Put a dot of butter onto each bun and lightly brown the buns cut-side down in batches, 2 to 3 minutes. Assemble each serving with a bun, hot dog, mango mustard, mayonnaise, arugula, mint leaves, apples and jalapeno slices.
Serve with the remaining mango mustard on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.