- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 (28-ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 chopped parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
Saute onions and garlic with olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan. When onions and garlic are golden color, add tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring constantly stirring.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.