- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped 1/4 inch-dice
- 1 rib celery, sliced 1/4-inch dice
- 1 carrot, scraped and chopped 1/4-inch half moons
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup basic tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound grouper fillet, cut 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound snapper fillet, cut 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound halibut fillet, cut 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound cod fillet, cut 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 4 slices of country bread
In a Dutch oven with a thick bottom, heat olive oil until smoking. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic and cook until softened and light brown. Add white wine, tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add fish, cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 25 minutes. Check for seasoning with salt and pepper and adjust with water if too thick. Add parsley and stir through. Grill bread and place on bottom of each of 4 bowls. Divide soup among 4 bowls and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.