Lamb and Veal Meatloaf: Polpettone
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound ground veal
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated caciocavallo or pecorino Romano
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Several fresh gratings of nutmeg
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- All-purpose flour
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, segmented and finely chopped
In a large bowl, combine the lamb and the veal, red pepper flakes, cheese, parsley, thyme, garlic, nutmeg, egg, and bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper, and mix well to make a homogenous mixture. Form the mixture into a loaf and dust the entire surface with all-purpose flour.
In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the loaf. Brown on all sides in the oil and cook over low for 90 minutes. Slice and serve with lemon alongside.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Asian Lollipop Lamb Chops, Fire Roasted Baby Lamb Chops with Smoked Paprika-Orange BBQ Sauce, Grilled Lamb Chops with Artichoke Puree, Crispy Baby Artichokes and Cerignola Olive, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Ravioli Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Easy Dinner
Thank you! your flag was submitted.