Scallops with Mushrooms
- 12 large sea scallops
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms (including oyster, chanterelle, and cremini), sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 heads frisee, washed and spun dry
- Best-quality extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Season the scallops with pepper only and set aside.
In a 10 to 12-inch non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smoking. Place the scallops in and do not move them. Allow them to cook until crisp and golden brown, unmoved for 5 to 6 minutes.
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat remaining oil until smoking over high heat. Add the shallots and saute until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and toss 3 to 4 minutes until softened. Add vinegar and then the frisee. Toss quickly, season with salt and pepper and divide among 4 plates. Without turning the scallops, remove and arrange 3 on each salad. Drizzle with the high-quality oil and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Seared Scallops with Citrus, Arugula and Pomegranate Salad, Shrimp and Scallops with Asian Eggplant, Sea Scallops with Cracked Wheat Salad, Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Vinaigrette and Grilled Lemons, Scallop, Mushroom Soup Recipes, Portobello Mushroom Recipes, Mushroom Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Mushroom Risotto Recipes