Stuffed Chicken, No Bones About It: Braciola di Pollo
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) fryer chicken, backbone and bones removed by your butcher
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, sliced thin then cut into 1/4-inch batons
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated provolone
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Lay the chicken on a cutting board, skin-side down, and season all over with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, stir together the prosciutto, parsley, bread crumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, eggs, provolone, basil leaves and rosemary leaves until lightly mixed. Lay the filling in a layer over the chicken's interior to within 1-inch of any of the perimeter. Roll the bird up like a stuffed roast and tie tightly at regular intervals with butcher's twine. Season the outside with salt and pepper and place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Place chicken in oven and cook 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp and golden on the outside and the internal temperature is 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Remove from oven, allow to rest 10 minutes, carve into 3/4-inch thick medallions and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken, Rosemary and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Wild Mushroom Sauce, Stuffed Chicken Saltimbocca with Arugula and Tomato Salad, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Ravioli Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes, Easy Dinner
Thank you! your flag was submitted.