- 1 pound thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press (or 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or sub 1 cup panko breadcrumbs)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Place the bread in a food processor and pulse until medium-size crumbs are formed, about 10 pulses. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the breadcrumbs (or panko) to a shallow baking dish or rimmed plate and set aside.
Whisk the egg in a medium bowl and place the flour on medium plate. Dip a piece of the chicken in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs, lightly pressing down on the chicken and then turning it over to coat the other side. Set the breaded cutlet on a plate and repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets to the pan and cook until brown on each side and cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Use a spatula to transfer the chicken to a paper-towel-lined plate to blot before serving. Serve with some greens on the side - baby spinach, arugula and chopped endive are all good choices.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.